1 – The period for the hotel institutional quarantine has been reduced to 5 days (previously 7 days).
2- Children below 18 years old can travel directly to Saudi Arabia without being vaccinated if they are accompanied by a vaccinated Iqama holder.
- The PCR test in the home country is required for everyone above 8 years old.
- They are required to complete a 5 days home quarantine in Saudi Arabia.
- A corona test will be conducted on the 5th day of arrival for children above 8 years old.
- Source: GACA
3 – Travellers who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus disease do not need to quarantine upon arrival in Saudi Arabia if they have registered with the following;
4 – All arriving passengers to Saudi Arabia (above 8 years old) including the diplomats will have to provide a negative PCR test issued within 72 hours of boarding the flight.
5 – All international travellers must have medical insurance with the coverage of COVID19 treatment. The insurance available to visit visa holders and Iqama holders already cover it.
6 – All Non-Immune international travellers must complete a 5 days institutional quarantine in Saudi Arabia starting from the time of arrival at the hotel quarantine facilities at their own expense. However, the following are exempted;
- Non-immune dependents and domestic workers accompanying an immune Iqama holder.
- Saudi citizens, citizen spouses, their children, and their domestic workers. If they are not immune, they will complete the home quarantine for 5 days.
- Diplomats and their families.
- Cabin Crew.
- Those involved in health supply chains, according to MOH.
Who is treated immune?
- Iqama holders whose status is shown as “Immune” in tawakkalna;
- immediately after taking 2 Doses of the coronavirus vaccine.
- 14 days after taking one dose of coronavirus vaccine.
- 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech.
- 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca.
- 2 doses of Moderna.
- 1 dose of Johnson s Janssen.
- 2 doses of Sinopharm + 1 dose of either Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnsons Janssen, or Moderna.
- 2 doses of Sinovac + 1 dose of either Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnsons Janssen, or Moderna.
7 – All guests, except passengers under the age of (8) years, undergo two PCR Tests, within (24) hours of arrival and on the 5th day of arrival. If the result is negative, they are permitted to leave quarantine on the 8th day.
8 – Here is the list of approved institutional quarantine facilities in Saudi Arabia. https://cdn.mt.gov.sa/public/licensedAccommodations/index.html
9 – People entering Saudi Arabia from 10 countries (including India) are still required to spend at least 14 days in an unbanned country. In addition, they will be required to spend 5 days in a hotel quarantine facility in Saudi Arabia if they are not immune as stated in points 5 and 6 above.
10 – Fully vaccinated people coming from the 10 banned countries would also be required to spend 14 days in an unbanned country before entering Saudi Arabia. However, direct entry is allowed if Iqama holders have taken both doses of the vaccine in Saudi Arabia.
11 – Entry to Saudi Arabia by road is allowed only for those people who are fully vaccinated as per the details given above.
Source: GACA Guideline